Friday, June 24, 2005

Too much TV!

I'm starting to think that I watch too much TV since this blog is going to be about TV shows and my last one was, too.

There's this new show called "Property Ladder" on TLC that I am quickly becoming addicted to. Basically it follows first time "flippers" as they purchase a property and then totally renovate/redecorate to try to sell it for a profit. I think that would be such a fun thing to do! And they seem to make pretty good money doing it. Anywhere from $20,000 - $80,000 in about 3 months time. Nothing to sneeze at! Although I'm not sure Omaha is really a great location to do something like that and try to make good money. The $80,000 place was in Malibu and sold for a little over $700,000. So first you have to convince a bank to give you a loan for over $600,000 and possibly max out multiple credit cards to buy new stuff for the house, but STILL! Wouldn't that be a blast? I think it would be a good thing for me to do since I like to repaint rooms every 6 months or so. I would get to decorate and then sell it instead of decorating over and over and over again. The show makes me want to grab a crowbar and start ripping my own counters out and cabinets off the wall. (Don't worry, HH, you don't have to hide all the tools when you go to work ~ I won't REALLY do it. BTW, do we HAVE a crowbar? ;) )

I love "Beauty and the Geek", too. The show just cracks me up. Those girls are so dumb and some of those boys (mostly Richard) are so clueless when it comes to girls. Last night the guys' challenge was to see which guy could get the most girls to give them their phone numbers in 30 minutes at a mall-type place. I love that Chuck "played it up gay" to win the most numbers. Kind of funny that girls are super willing to give their digits to gay guys, but not so willing to give their digits to slightly (or drastically in Richard's case) nerdy guys. This morning on Regis and Kelly they were going over who was going to be on the show on Monday and Regis announced that Richard from B & the G was going to be on. He has this puzzled look on his face like "why is this guy going to be on MY show?" I can't wait to see how Richard acts on R&K and Regis' reaction to the guy who in my opinion has to be THE DORKIEST GUY on the PLANET! I wonder if he's really that dorky or if he's playing it up . . .

No comments: