Sunday, June 19, 2005

Thoughts from Saturday

I’m bored, so figured I would blog and wouldn’t you know that our internet is being a big poo-poo head. So I’m blogging in Word and then I’ll copy and paste it into a blog entry later on. I wonder if the fact that there have been up to three Cox trucks parked on our street at various times this afternoon has anything to do with my internet service . . . or lack thereof.

Last night Adam and I went to our first “Couples Bridal Shower” ~ Adam was a bridal shower virgin until last night and I realized that the only ones I’ve been to were either for me or given by me. I never been just a regular ‘ol guest. Anyway, the shower was really amazing. The hostess had all these AMAZING appetizers to eat. I figured since it was at 6:30 maybe they would grill or something, but she had all these dips, fruit, little quiches, crackers, cheese, fondu, meatballs, and these cut out cookies that looked like they came straight out a super high class bakery. She should totally be a professional caterer to the stars or something. Made me feel very unsophisticated. Angie babysat Alyssa and Alyssa told me that she had a FANTASTIC time playing with her (and Eric once he FINALLY decided to show up). She feels bad that she cried when it was bedtime.

Adam went to Lincoln this morning with Gordon to work on Ben’s car, so its just been Alyssa and I all day . . . same old same old! After lunch we went and got gas and Alyssa experienced her first automatic car wash. She went from awestruck to hysterical crying a couple times . . . I don’t think it was a big hit. We finished up Father’s Day shopping for Adam and then hit the grocery store. I watched “Finding Neverland” while she was napping this morning and this afternoon. What a touching and sweet movie. I love the Peter Pan story, so figured I would like this movie, but it was a lot more involved that I expected. Two thumbs up!

And speaking of movies . . . I’m quite distressed about the fact that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting married. Its just such a weird situation and it just really doesn’t make sense to me. I feel like he’s using her for some reason.

And speaking of Tom and Katie leads me to think about my “US Weekly”. Angie says that she got hers yesterday, but I STILL haven’t gotten mine and I’m hopping mad! It’s the perfect afternoon to curl up and catch up on gossip. I would be surfing the internet, but said internet seems to have gone AWOL.

No comments: