Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Patience is a virtue that I'm not sure I have . . .

I'm feeling very impatient today.

I have a really long list of errands to run, but I know I won't get everything done today thanks to beautiful Miss Alyssa. I love her, but she makes it more complicated to run out for a couple things. Makes me wish that we had some teenage girl in the neighborhood that I could pay to watch her for a couple hours. She just went down for a nap, so I would probably be home by the time she woke up. *contemplates leaving her with the dogs . . . *

I get all gung ho to work on projects around the house, but now that we're semi-seriously talking about moving, I'm not so gung ho anymore. Now I want to start packing! Or cleaning and throwing away like a mad woman; one of the two. I'm trying to find little projects that need to be down whether we move or not . . . like yesterday and recovered the lid of the milk jug thing in the dining room. It looks sooo much better without that dead animal looking thing on top of it! (Although the current cover doesn't really match anything because I used material from Alyssa's curtains. And now that I think about it, the yellow that the jug is painted doesn't match the dining room either. Guess someday I/we'll have to repaint the jug and recover it). I'm torn now between painting Alyssa's toy box and painting the bookshelf in our room. The toy box is in Alyssa's room and said Alyssa is sleeping, so that's kind of out of the question right now. The bookshelf needs to be sanded and Adam is my sand king, so that's kind of out of the question. I guess I could do the sensible thing and do laundry. That needs to be done fairly soon . . . we don't run the risk of being buried alive by opening the closet door, so its not too bad yet. And back to the toy box (running all over the place today), I was going to paint it to match the walls and then put dragon flies on it like the border on part of the nursery. But since we're talking about moving, then I have thoughts of trying to make her next room a little more general and grown up ~ something that we can live with until getting bedding and whatnot when she's ready for a big girl bed. So then maybe I want to wait and see what color we go with. I want to look into Wallies . . . I think they would be a great solution to me. Cheap and removable so that you can easily change decorating style if you need to. If only I could "wally" my house!

I'm jealous of Chad . . . he gets to move into his new digs in about a month. Maybe he'll let me pack for him so that I can get this moving bug out of my system!

I think I'm going to call and see if I can move my fitting at DB to this evening so that I don't have to take Alyssa with me. Then I could hit NFM for Newlyweds Season 2 & 3 (HOO FREAKIN' RAY), maybe Pier 1 to get a shower gift for Christy and Jeff, maybe the mall to exchange Adam's YELLOW! shirt that I got him that he's too chicken to wear. (not really, its really an obnoxious shirt now that I got it home, I was just trying to branch out his wardrobe).

My parents are coming to town tomorrow and we're all going to Jay and Kari's so that mom and dad can meet Janson. Would it be really rude of me to ditch Alyssa with them and then go run my errands? Probably . . . oh well, there's always the weekend and nothing needs to be done RIGHT NOW. Except for the Newlyweds DVD. ;)

No comments: