Thursday, June 09, 2005

Bird Poop that Boggles the Mind

We have three spots of bird poop on the front door . . . am I the only one who wonders how that happens when there's an overhang "protecting" the front door? I guess poop angle and wind speed/resistance probably help. There's obviously something better I could be doing than musing about bird poop.

I have renewed my adoration of Sunkist. Adam was drinking it yesterday at lunch, I took one sip, and BAM! I'm hooked. I could drink it all day long. Maybe if I poured my water into a Sunkist bottle . . . naw, probably wouldn't be the same.

Damn there was something else I was going to blog about (I had three things on my mind when I sat down) and now I can't remember the third thing. Maybe I'll make it up . . . OH! I remembered!

I got these "Cake Doctor" cookbooks from a friend of my mom's as a wedding shower gift. Its kind of a cool concept because each recipe makes this fancy-pants dessert recipe from a cake mix. So this morning my mom called and asked if there were any recipes in there that she could make with a lemon cake mix that she had found in the cupboard. So I pull out my cake doctor, dust it off because I hadn't opened it since my shower almost 3 years ago and take a gander. Its CRAZY how detailed these recipes are "scrape the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula" "turn the oven off". This last one put me over the edge and I was thinking that it was dumbest thing in the world to have a step on a recipe for turning off the oven, but then I realized that I have been that person who realizes 2 hours after she finishes baking something the oven is still on. Maybe that Cake Doctor isn't as dumb as I thought . . . maybe she's smarter than the average baker!

No comments: