Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sleep Positions

I read this interesting article in Cosmo a few years back that analyzed what type of person you are based on what position your body is in when you sleep. I'm a "flamingo" meaning that I sleep with one leg straight out and one leg bent at the knee and curled up kind of in the fetal position. I can't remember what that says about me, but I remember that I'm a flamingo. Last night when I put Alyssa down, she stuck one leg out straight behind her and pulled one knee up close underneath her ~ like a flamingo ~ before settling into a deeper sleep. I love when she does things that remind me of me or Adam . . . helps me remember that she really is half of me and half of him and that makes my heart happy. =)

I haven't done much today. I ordered Alyssa more changing pad covers since ours are getting pretty stained. As much as I wanted to buy the cute pink or purple ones, I got blue . . . just in case Alyssa gets a little brother in a couple years. Because it would be awfully tramatizing for a boy to find out that his changing pad cover was pink when he was 2 months old, don't you think? I ordered my dad a set of John Deere license plate holders for Father's Day. I bet he'll get a kick out of them . . . the perfect thing to hold his "JD Norm" vanity plate.

Joni called this morning and Mark got a new/old roommate. Yep, she's baaaaaaaaaack ~ the dreaded ex-wife from hell. And part of the everly optimistic Christi thinks "maybe she's changed . . . maybe she'll be a good person now and she'll be a good wife, mother, sister-in-law and she and Mark will live happily ever after". Maybe Mark and I are the same in this kind of thinking. He's scared to tell my Dad that she's moved back in . . . should be interesting since when/if we go out there this summer we'll be staying with him. What's he going to hide her in the closet while we're there? I'm sure it'll come out sometime. And I'm sure Dad will be disappointed. Glad I'm not in Mark's shoes.

No comments: