Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hump Day Update

Adam suggested to me that I wait until the end of my blog entry to title my entry since so many times I go off on subjects other than my subject line. Well, today I'm just giving my blog the simple title of "updates". Not that a lot has happened in my life that would require updates. So here's more "random thoughts" . . . or mama musings, if you will.

Alyssa has an addiction to remotes. She loves them and will do just about anything to get to one if its within a 20 ft radius of her. So I've been searching different stores for just a plain old baby toy remote . . . you know, a big clunky thing with a few buttons that she can push and drool on. Do you think I can find anything? NO! Okay, there's one remote that will teach her how to do algebra or tell her geographical information about all the cities in Italy, but I just want a plain, old school remote! They don't have any of the basic "old school" toys that they had when I was a kid. Even the ever popular "ring stacker" has to be updated with a rattle in the top ring. My theory is that THIS is why kids develop ADD . . . because from age 1 month they are constantly overstimulated by bells, whistles, music, and lights. BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL TOYS! The ones that require you to use your imagination to make them more exciting. And with that, this "soapbox mama" steps down and moves on.

Speaking of Miss Alyssa ~ last week was a BIG week for her. She got her first tooth, learned to say "hi", figured out how to wave (on command), sat up in her crib, and learned to work the "spin the starfish" lever on her crib aquarium. Which is super cute until she's doing it over and over and over again at 11 PM when she's supposed to be asleep.

I read an article today about a woman who had filed for divorce after finding out that her husband was gay. Actually, she wanted the marriage annulled because she found out that he had just married her to get US citizenship. The husband was fighting to keep a prenump that would give him "spousal support". I can't imagine how you would feel if someone "duped" you into marrying them just so they could become a citizen if they were interested in someone the same sex as you, but then to be gay! Yikes! To quote myself in college ~ "what a kick in the pants".

Side note, did you know that Pamela Anderson just became a US citizen a few months ago? The things you learn watching "Ellen"!

Is it time to go to bed yet?

No comments: