Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm ME again!

I went out to get the mail today (always a fun thing when a birthday is approaching!) and found two cards for me in the mailbox. One from my friend Kim and one from my parents. My mom had addressed my card to Christi Nelsen (my maiden name). My first thought was "how long have I been married, Mom?" (answer is a little over 3 years). But then I realized that it made me feel really warm and fuzzy inside to be referred to as a Nelsen again. It was really hard for me to change my last name when I got married. It just doesn't seem to belong to me, even still. Its Adam's name and his parents and brothers names and Alyssa's name, but just not really mine. As much as I love the flowing "K" sound of my first and last name now, there's just something about seeing my old name in print that really made my day. I'm such a sap! :)

1 comment:

allison said...

I hated my maiden name, so I was glad to be rid of it! LOL