Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A thank you shout out

To the person who decided that it was socially (and trendily) acceptable to wear Bermuda shorts and not look as ridiculous as a 60 year old man wearing sandals and black socks up to his knees. I will never claim to be trendy or fashionable, but I am loving the fact that I can wear these long shorts and not have to worry about a) looking stupid and b) feeling completely self conscious of my thighs/knees c) having to pull down the crotch of my shorts because it keeps riding up. It seems like I am just not a short-shorts/Daisy Dukes kind of build. Shocker! I NEVER thought I would wear Bermuda shorts, but they actually aren’t bad and I think they are actually flattering on me since the only part of my legs that I like are my calves. Sign me up for an Old Navy commercial, baby! I’m a convert! (For the record I did NOT buy my shorts from Old Navy . . . I’m still nursing the hurt of having to go about 4 sizes bigger than normal to wear Old Navy pants. Jerks)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate that about Old Navy. Dammit I AM NOT a size 14. :)