Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My knight in a shiny red alero

Monday afternoon I was driving back from my parents (in my mom's big, bad granny-mo-van) when I blew a tire on the interstate. It wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be. I had previously had visions of blowing a tire on the interstate and swirving uncontrollably in and out of traffic, but the only way I really knew for sure that the tire was a goner was by pulling over to the side of the road and getting out to check. My first instinct was to call Adam because he has our AAA number/card, but I couldn't get ahold of him, so I got the exciting experience of going the "on-star route". I did finally track Adam down at home and I'm sure I sounded furious as I screamed "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! YOU'RE AT HOME!!!?!?!?!?!?" into the phone (it was 2:30 on a Monday . . . go figure!). He probably expected me to give him a hard time about playing hooky for the day, but instead he got a big dose of wife freak-out . . . semi-hysterical
"I'm on the side of the interstate with a flat tire and the tow truck won't be here for an hour and its hot and I've got a headache and I think I'm going to be sick" pouring through the phone.

I have to give my man props, though, he didn't even hesitate after hearing my craziness. He simply asked me where I was and assured me he would be there in a snap. And snappy he was . . . I've never been so glad to see that red alero in my life ~ he's a good man, my handsome hubby. I think I'll keep him.

2 comments:

Chad said...

We don't call him 'almighty' for nothing!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for him!!