Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Feeling the small town love way out here in the big city!

Okay, I know I complained about my crazy small hometown's ways in a blog a few months ago, but its times like these that I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.

We're moving this weekend ~ in case you're new to my blog/haven't read my blog lately. 90% of our boxes have been donated by my parents. 90% of our boxes are from the hospital, liquor store, and bowling alley from my hometown. Now THAT'S something to write home about! (or blog about in my case) You couldn't get these places to even look your direction in the big "O". That's part of the reason I love small towns. When you're moving, you just call up a store say "Hey *insert guy you've know since first grade's name here* I'm moving. Hold back some boxes for me, okay? I'll be there to pick them up sometime between 15 minutes from now and July". And they happily do it!

I'm really impressed by the whole "holding" thing because Christy told me when they called grocery stores here in town you had to call before 6 AM the day you wanted to pick them up (couldn't call the night before) and had to pick them up before 8 AM ~ not a great schedule for most people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it cool?