Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm so torn

Its 7:03 PM and my child is napping. I put her down twice today for an afternoon nap and I don't think she ever really slept. She started "hollering" at me after about 30 minutes and I kept hearing her jabbering over the baby monitor, so I really don't think she was power napping. I got home from cleaning the old house about 5:15 and she was a bear, so I decided to put her down for a quick nap. I put in my time on the elliptical machine, got some dinner, caught up on my mommy boards and now I don't know if I should try to get her to sleep through the night with a bedtime of 5:30 or if I should wake her up to put her back to bed in an hour. She has had a nasty cold for the past few days, so I know she needs her sleep. But I don't really want to be up at the crack of dawn (or until midnight, either, for that matter).

I don't know what to do.

My instinct says to wake her up, but its really nice having her sleep so that I can do things. I'm sure if I do wake her up she'll be pretty clingy and that will be the end of my productive evening.

No comments: