Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Its the little things in life

Its the little things in life that make me the happiest sometimes.

Today for example, I had an appointment with the DMV. At the DMV AND a toddler approaching naptime . . . normally a deadly combination.

I had to get my plates renewed and I had lost the little post card thing that they send out in the mail during the move, so I was fully expecting them to give me a hard time about that. She didn't even bat an eye when I explained that I had lost it and I was well on my way with new stickers in about 2 minutes. The best part . . . I thought it was going to be over $600, but it was only $300 and some. Still insanely expensive, but better than the $1600 we paid last year.

Then I stopped at the drivers license counter to get a new license. Always a risky move, but considering I hated my last DL picture, I figured it couldn't be too bad. And I was pleasantly surprised that I actually got a halfway decent picture even though I felt like a complete moron sitting the chair waiting for the picture lady to snap my picture. I was sure that I looked like I had just swallowed a bug or something, but its actually an ok picture. Not that I'll be flashing it around a lot, so you'll have to take my word for it.

No comments: