Wednesday, September 28, 2005

TV tonight

Goodness 3 blog entries in one day . . . I need to get myself a life.

I wasn't going to watch Martha's Apprentice. I figured it was just another way for her to make even more money and I've never really been that fond of her. I think she does amazing things, but it all seems a bit much. Honestly, am I ever going to make monogrammed bath towels for each houseguest I ever have? Anyway . . . tonight I watched the show because frankly there was nothing else on TV. I have to admit it ~ I actually ENJOYED it. I think I might become hooked. It was really interesting watching her from a business stand point and not a "make everything in your life obnoxiously fancy" point. Not that I wouldn't love to have everything in my life obnoxiously fancy, I just don't have that much energy, time, or money. I'm impressed that she uses her time in jail as something that she has learned from and that makes her a stronger person. Its not a "woe is me I was screwed over I shouldn't have gone to jail" thing and that really surprised me.

Then I watched the premier of Nanny 911. I love that show. It makes me long for my days as a nanny, although thankfully the G/D family was MUCH more calm than most of those families. They drove me crazy sometimes, but they were great kids and good parents deep down. * note to self, I really, really, really need to call them since the kids haven't met Alyssa yet* Anyway, if I would have been the mom in tonight’s episode I think I would have left my husband. The kids were doing something and she warned them to stop doing it because they were going to get hurt/break another leg/something along those lines. The Dad stood at the top of the stairs chanting, "Do it! Do it! Do it!". I couldn't believe how he just totally blew off the mom because the most important thing to him was having fun with his kids at any cost. Of course, he came around by the end of the show and realized how important safety is, but seriously I don't know how that woman lived with a partner who didn't stand up for her at all. I can't imagine living like that. I would have run for the hills!

No comments: