Monday, September 12, 2005

Happy 11 Month Birthday Alyssa!

Dear Alyssa,

My sweet baby girl you are 11 months old today! I have no idea where the time has gone, but you bring more joy to us each and every day. You constantly make me laugh at how mischevious you are ~ I’m sure some day I’ll realize how many grey hairs you are giving me, but for now I’m loving every moment.

This past month some of your cutest new tricks have revolved around the dogs. You mastered using Lexi as a step stool to give you a boost so that you can climb on top of the living room furniture and if someone says “Alyssa, what does the puppy do?” and pant at you, you’ll stick out your tongue and pant back. Too funny! Your favorite toy seems to be the stairs; you are bound and determined to climb up and down as many times a day as you can. We were blocking off the steps going down to the garage with the ottoman, but you figured out how you could stand on the bottom step going up to the bedroom and climb up on top of the ottoman. So then I put the pack n’ play in front of the steps and the first thing you tried to do was squeeze underneath it. Then when I rearranged living room furniture there was about a 8 inch gap between the edge of the couch and the pack n’ play and somehow you squeezed your way through that and down the steps. I have got to hand it to you ~ you are one determined little girl! I hope you always keep your sense of determination and creativity when life hands you challenges.

Last month you took your first vacation to Colorado to visit Uncle Mark, cousin Brandy, Aunt Joni, Uncle Clay, and cousin Anna. You did really well on the car ride, but we had grandma and grandpa along to play games and entertain you, so that really helped. You had a great time playing with your cousins and everyone loved getting to spend extra time with you. You, Daddy, and Brandy had a great time jumping on the trampoline.

You finally got a top tooth just a few days ago and it looks like the 2nd one (your fourth total) should be coming through any minute. Teething makes you pretty cranky and clingy. As much as it frustrates me that I can’t seem to get away from you even for a few minutes to get some things done, there’s part of me that loves that you want your mommy. I hope you’ll always turn to me when you’re hurting!

One day last month I walked into your room to get you up from a nap to find you playing peek-a-boo with your stuffed animals. You would use your lovey to cover up your eyes and then look so pleased with yourself when you pulled it back down. You still amaze me when you play peek-a-boo with us . . . who would have thought that putting something up over your eyes and then waiting for someone to say “where’s Alyssa?!” would turn someone into a genius!

The biggest challenge facing us in your 11th month is getting you to sleep through the night. You’re up an awful lot and its really wearing on both of us. I need to stand strong and try to teach you how to put yourself back to sleep without stopping for a drink at the ‘ol Mommy saloon. It’s a lot easier to nurse you for a few minutes so that you’ll go back to sleep quickly than fight you to try to get you to go back to sleep, but I know it will be better for both of us if you’re sleeping longer stretches. Good luck to us!

Happy 11 month birthday, beautiful Alyssa Marie. I love you baby girl; to the moon and back.

Hugs and Kisses,Mommy

1 comment:

Highlandgal said...

Very lovely reminisce. Happy 11 Month Birthday Alyssa!