Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Random thoughts for Wednesday

So, I decided to switch our trash company this morning because BradD was telling me about a company that was TONS cheaper (okay, $5.50 a month, but it offers free recycling, so its acutally $10 and $10 is $10). I called the new company and set everything up and then I called the current company to switch ~ here's how it went.

Me: Yes, I'd liked to cancel service
Trash Person: Okay, we can do that. Can I ask why?
Me: We decided to go with another company that was cheaper.
TP: Did you know that we do price match?
Me: No, I didn't.
TP: Okay, so when do you want your last day to be?

What?! No attempt to keep my business? What kind of joke is that? I feel better going with the new company because they are a small mom/pop kind of company and are super nice instead of the huge impersonal company we currently use, but I would have liked to have been "fought over" a little.

I'm listening to the radio this afternoon while feeding Alyssa lunch and I hear this commercial asking if you've ever had herpes. If you haven't, you can sign up to have some medical group test the herpes vaccine on you. Does that mean that you want me to basically sign up to be given herpes (and probably not "the fun" way that you would get herpes) that I may or may not get depending on if this shot works? That just seems wrong to me. But anything for a buck, right?

Funny Alyssa action of the day: I was getting something out of the pantry and she grabbed a bottle of "Bitter Spray" that we use on the dogs (mostly for when Lexi is attempting to trample someone who is trying to walk in the door). She lets out this crazy yell and starts crawling like a crazy baby after Lexi carrying the spray along with her. I don't know if I've ever seen Lexi look so spooked. Maybe after "the balloon monster" incident. ;) Its a close call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*rotfl* i can just see lexi thinking:
"run away, run away! wait, i haven't done anything this time - Daddy, dog without hair is chasing me!"