Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm a sentimental fool . . .

Lately I've been feeling really sappy. Maybe its because we just passed the one year anniversary of my grandma Nelsen passing away and I think about her all the time. I wish both she and Grandpa would have been able to meet Alyssa. I miss them both so, so much. Maybe its because we are quickly approaching the one year birthday of my sweet baby girl. Maybe its just me being crazy and hormonal ~ just ask the gang that saw me break down sobbing at dinner at Olive Garden the other night over some big news (more on that later).

Yesterday mom and I went over to my cousin's house to visit his family (and to unload my exersaucer, jumperoo, and a couple other big baby toys ~ ahhhh, the house feels bigger already). Carson, who's 5, sat down next to me, scooted closer and whispered "Do you want one of my pictures?" and handed me one of his flag football photos. Too cute! Jay's kids are really shy around Mom and I since we only see them a couple times a year ~ even though we only live about 15 minutes apart. Maybe he remembers that I shared Alyssa's grilled cheese with him at Applebees a few months ago when his sister wouldn't share hers. Or that I gave him my pickle ~ that's the way to a kid's heart . . . give 'em a pickle. Anyway, it warmed my heart that he wanted me to have one of his pictures.

Lately I've been watching Adam and Alyssa interact with each other and I'm so thankful for such a wonderful husband and a wonderful daughter. I love seeing the way her face bursts into a smile as soon as she sees Adam. And I love the way that he cuddles her and tickles her. I love that they love each other so much. I love that I love them both so much. I don't know what I would do without them.

And I want to give an emotional shout-out to my friend Angie aka the one I'm having an affair with. Who recognizes how difficult it is for me to ask for help (even for something as silly as birthday invitations) and is proud of me for asking. Who understands my craziness because, heck, let's face it ~ she's kinda crazy too! ;) I don't know what I would do without you, lady, and I love you bunches. Let's hear it for getting drunk and bonding at Holiday Parties!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, what was the big news?

Mom23Boys said...

Yeah, WHAT IS THE BIG NEWS? I can hardly stand it!!!