Friday, September 23, 2005

Something I love and Something I hate

I've blogged about my love of fall before, but now that its officially here, I just have to give it another shout out! Today has been 70-75 with a definite "crispness" in the air. I wish it was 70-75 and sunny instead of overcast and gray, but I'll take what I can get. I got a huge craving for chili, so I'm "experimenting" with dinner tonight. I threw a bunch of chili-ish ingredients into the crock pot and we'll see what happens. I am so thankful that I have a husband who will try anything that I put in front of him. I'm looking forward to an evening of comfortable clothes, fuzzy socks, chili and crackers, and cuddling up to watch a movie/TV. Ahhhhh I LOVE FALL!!!!

Okay, now on to something I hate. We have a radio station in town that when I was growing up would start playing Christmas music 24/7 the day after Thanksgiving. I thought it was the greatest thing because I LOVE Christmas and I LOVE Christmas music. I admit that from time to time I'll pull out a Christmas CD in the middle of the summer and play it just to get my fix. Last year, said radio station started playing Christmas music the day after Halloween, which I thought was a bit much. Let us get through Thanksgiving and then you can start up with the festivities, but I love Christmas music, so I didn't think about it too much. Today, September 23rd (the SECOND day of fall) I'm driving home from the mall, flipping channels and would you believe that I heard "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" coming out of my speakers. Come ON people, you have GOT to be kidding me! Freakin' September 23rd! Lord have mercy on those poor parents who have to explain to their kids that they still have about 100 shopping days until Christmas. Why does all the Christmas hub bub have to start so early?! Is a month not long enough? I've always been able to do all my decorating, celebrating, shopping, ect for the Christmas season in a month and have not felt supremely rushed. What's next, start it up the day after Valentine's Day?!

1 comment:

Highlandgal said...

I love Christmas music too. I'll have to count up my albums for you so you'll know you're not alone. But you're right, Sept. 23 is waaaay early. I like to wait till Thanksgiving and our twisted new tradition is to kick off with the South Park Christmas album. Might have to modify that now that we've got a wee one. lol