Sunday, June 15, 2008

Slipping and sliding

I know I've seen several movies, comedy sketches, etc where you'll have a person who slips on some ice. Just a little slip; enough to get the adrenaline pumping. This person catches him or herself before they actually fall, but will stand frozen in time for a few seconds as if by standing still the ice will disappear. Then, just when they feel its safe to make their way on, they slip again. And catch themselves again. And feel safe. And then slip. And the vicious cycle continues until the land flat on their back, their body aching in the middle of a big sheet of ice with the seam of their pants ripped and granny panties hanging out.

This is how I feel today. Like I just can't quite get onto safe ground. No matter how hard I try, I just can't quite get there. Maybe I should just throw myself down on the ground, take a nap, and wait for spring. ;)

No comments: