Friday, June 06, 2008

Our lunch date: Pros and Cons

Today for lunch the kids and I met up with my wonderful friend, Christy, and her 3 boys at McDonalds. McDonalds WITH one of the huge play places. I found myself making a pro/con list of the experience on the way home and decided I would share. For anyone who might be considering doing that same thing. I figure its my mommy duty.

Pro: Getting to have lunch (and gossip time) with one of my favorite mommies and some of my favorite little guys.
Pro: Being proud of myself for ordering a salad when what I really wanted was some beefy something or other.
Pro: Proud of myself for NOT going through the drive through after loading up the kids and getting an ice cream cone. There is just something abouts soft serve ice cream cones and me lately. Yum.

So overall the lunch portion was pretty pro.

Now for the play play.

Con: Sign on door saying that socks are required; available at ordering counter for $1. *mind you its summer and my kids have been in sandals/crocs and I didn't even *think* about bringing socks.
Pro: My daughter immediately takes her socks off as soon as we get in the car, so I, by some miracle, actually have two pairs of socks floating around the backseat, saving myself $2.

Pro: Alyssa fell asleep instantly when we got home and hopefully will take a good nap.
Con: When told "time to go", Alyssa talked me into 2 more slides. 2 more slides and about 20 minutes of running around in the tunnels/tubes that lead up to the slides.
Pro: My Evan was around to chase her out of the tunnels/tubes.

Con: Play place was only for ages 3 - 12. So no playing for Joel. Which worked out okay, because he was tired and didn't mind sitting with me. And now that I think about it, I don't know that I would have wanted him climbing on that monster thing because with my luck he would get stuck/throw a fit somewhere in the middle and then I would have to have a breakdown.
Con: Play place was very LOUD.

I'm not sure if we'll make this a very regular outing. But it was good to see the Kleffmans!

No comments: