Monday, June 02, 2008

Worm Camp

This morning Alyssa attended the first of four mini-day camps that she is going to go to this summer at the preschool that she will attend in the fall. (Yes, I finally decided/broke down and our baby girl is starting preschool in the fall). Today's camp was called "Wormology". From what I've gathered from talking to the preschool director last week and the items Alyssa brought home this morning they dug for worms, then once they found a worm, they made a worm house and brought their worms home. Supposedly "Dr Worm" (a poor schmuck college student dressed up like a worm) was supposed to visit to teach the kids about worms. Alyssa told Adam tonight that worms don't have bodies. Interesting, eh? Anyway, the worm house is a plastic container with sand, dirt, lettuce, and wet newspaper scraps as best as I can tell. A handout came home titled "The Proper Care and Feeding of Your Worm". Thankfully the first instruction is to find a safe place in your yard for your worm within 3 days of bring it home. But the thing that *really* gets me is the last instruction "you may leave the cover off for your worm to get more air. It won't crawl out because he likes the dark." I don't think so. That worm's cover is staying on tight. I don't even want to THINK about worms crawling around my house. Blech. That worm needs to move to the back yard ASAP.

No comments: