Thursday, June 05, 2008

Dear Joel ~ a few days past 16 months old

My sweet, sweet, buddy bear,

After watching you determinedly many, many times to climb the ladder on the swingset so that you could be on the top platform with the "big kids", my heart tightened. Where did my little baby boy go? Its not going to be very long before you are constantly trying to do everything that your big sister is doing. And I'm sure it won't be very long before you get VERY frustrated that you can't do everything Alyssa is doing. But I'm sure it also won't be long before there isn't much you *can't* do.

Today you tried each ladder, but when you couldn't pull yourself up, you seemed to take it all in stride and toddled off to find something else to play with. Kind of like you told yourself "Not yet" and accepted that.

Don't grow up so fast; Mommy isn't ready yet.

Tons and tons and tons of love,
Mommy

No comments: