Friday, June 13, 2008

Saint Sandy

My friend Staci and I are having a garage sale this weekend and my saint of a mother agreed to come down yesterday morning and spend the day to help watch the kids. The kids being my two children, Staci's three children, and my three daycare kids. 8 kids equaling 3 1 year-olds, a 2 year old, a 3 1/2 year old, a 4 1/2 year old, and a 6 1/2 year old. And then she spent the night so that she could take Alyssa to "ladybug camp" this morning for me. Did I mention that she's a saint?

Tonight I was telling Staci that I wish there was a way to express to my mom how much I appreciate everything she did for us the last two days and Staci made the comment about how it seemed like every time she went into the house my mom was folding laundry or washing dishes or doing something "helpful" and she would think to herself "damn, I wish that was my mom".

So here's my attempt to show my appreciation ... a blog shout out to my mom ... thanks for everything! From donut holes to diaper changes (complete with poop on your arm) ... you're the BEST!

No comments: