Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cute Alyssa-ism

Tonight Alyssa was talking about watching The Backyardigans (one of her current faves and I love the way she pronounces it, so I guess its one of my current faves, too). I asked her if she wanted to have a Backyardigans birthday party this year and after thinking for a moment she told me that she wanted her birthday party to be "Beauty and the Beast". I had been thinking lately since she had been really into watching B&B that it would be cute for Alyssa and Joel to go trick or treating as Belle and Beast this year, so I mentioned this to Alyssa. And then went on to say that Daddy could be Cogsworth and Mommy could be Mrs Potts. Alyssa thought this was a grand idea, then started going through all the characters in the movie and decided who would dress up as them.

The best one by far was Joel, who in Alyssa's words should be the "Ki-o-e ... oooooooooooh". Honestly, had she not added the Coyote howl at the end of saying "Ki-o-e" I would have had no idea what she was talking about. Isn't that the cutest?! And its so funny to me that she sees the coyotes as being a "main" character in the movie. Even more than some of the supporting household "objects".

No comments: