Sunday, October 15, 2006

And the festivies wind down . . .

Today marked the end of Alyssa's "birthday week festivities". Thank goodness! Mama is pooped!
We had a really great party today. Unfortunately we had some last minute cancellations, but thank you to everyone who did come and for all the WONDERFUL gifts. Our friends really love to spoil our little peanut . . . she's such a lucky girl. I'm starting to think that maybe we should have looked for a bigger house. ;)

Special thanks to my handsome hubby who stuck with me this weekend even through my massive breakdown this morning. I bit off a bit more (okay, waaay more) than I could chew this year and I was a totally mess about 11:30 this morning. I was in such pain that I wanted to cry, I was crampy and knew that I needed to sit down and chill out for the baby, but things weren't nearly ready enough for company, so I kept plugging away. I kept thinking that I had to make this birthday special for Alyssa because its the last one she'll have where I'm completely 100% devoted to her. I want to her look back at pictures of this day and know how much her mommy loves her and thinks that she's the most special thing in the world. I know in my heart that she'll know that anyway because of plain old every day things, not just the big "special" days, but for some reason throwing her the biggest bestest party I could think of made me feel a little better. I know its perfectly normal to have these "issues" with being pregnant with a 2nd child, but man, I wish I wasn't so freakin' crazy all the time!

Anyway, pictures to follow soon (hopefully) since most of the pictures today were taken with my mom's camera. I was too lazy to find someone to take pictures of Alyssa's opening presents with my camera and since my mom was taking lots, I figured I may as well just put all the party pictures on there.

I'm ready for bed.

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Birthday parties are always so draining...I hope you get lots & lots of rest! I did *exactly the same thing* for my daughter's 3rd birthday party (my son was born 6 days later)...we had 2 parties that day, with friends (6 little kids + their parents...in a 900sqft house) in the morning and family in the afternoon. My goodness.

Anyway...I hope you get a chance to put your feet up and relax now!