Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday beef

Not that kind of beef . . . a complaint kind of beef.

Today it hit me that we need to face reality and accept that we will be making two house payments again next month, which will suck 75% of our income (okay, Adam's income) down the drain. Plus, it doesn't look like my big business venture is going to take off quite as soon as we had planned (although I TOTALLY understand wanting to stay home longer with Miss Lenka, Angie), so I'm feeling a bit strapped. So what do I do when I'm all ready to get riled up about something and need some company? I call Julia. I know she'll get all worked up with me in a heartbeat. I started telling her horror stories of our evil realtor (okay, so maybe I "expanded" a little bit, but what do you expect from a drama queen?!). She produced a wonderful display of outrage, which was what I was counting on.

The man ASSURED me that we would have the house sold in two weeks at most and here we are at three weeks without even a nibble. COME ON PEOPLE! GET OUTRAGED! WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN! SEND MONEY (to me)!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final nail in the coffin of my day was when I remembered our realtor, let's call him "Jim" (haha Eric!), said that he would be taking out an add complete with a picture in the Sunday paper last week to grab people's attention. I dug through the paper and found the ad which read:

*insert address here* is spectacular. Refridge and washer/dryer stay. Comfortable rec room with fireplace. *insert price and "Jim"'s phone number*

THAT'S FREAKING ALL IT SAID.

HELLO!? How about listing that it has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms? Maybe I'm a moron, but I would rather know how many bedrooms/bathrooms a house had instead of knowing that it has a "comfortable rec room". Who cares if the house has a bedroom or a bathroom; I just want to make sure it doesn't have an uncomfortable rec room.

Petty, I know, but it bothers me.

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Ok, I know you're upset, but I was giggling through the whole entry! It sounds like, although you're upset, you have a pretty good sense of humor about it.

And about the whole calling-someone-who-will-definitely-get-upset-with-you thing, I do that, too. I call her 'mom'. *grin*

I'd definitely have a Talking To (and put on your best Mommy Voice) with your realtor about that ad. It totally sucks. I wouldn't have made it past the appliances without anything saying how many bedrooms/baths!