Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Daily Dose of Cuteness ~ Thanks to Alyssa for being so cute!

One of Alyssa's current favorite books is a Sesame Street Book called "Cookie See, Cookie Do" Each page is Elmo saying to do something, then you flip open the page and it will say "Cookie See Cookie Do *insert other SS character* too, you can, too!" We get to the page where Elmo says "Touch your nose. Touch your toes! Cookie See, Cookie Do Bert, too, so can you!" and here's where the cuteness really poured forth. Normally Alyssa and I will touch her nose together (she's finally nailed all the facial "body parts" and then we'll touch her toes together. Well today, I happened to be sitting cross legged on the floor with her in my lap, so she reached out and grabbed my toes and wiggled them as I was wiggling hers. TOO STINKIN' SWEET! I love that kid.

My second favorite book moment is from her long time fave "Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs". We'll get to the last page where it reads "Dinosaurs looking right at you to say goodbye because we're through". As soon as I say "you" she'll start waving at the dinosaurs in the book. Can you FEEL my heart melting?! I love that kid!

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, our money troubles would be over and I would take everyone I know on a vacation to a tropical island somewhere. Bring on the cabana boys and fruity drinks with umbrellas in them!

4 comments:

Chad said...

"... fruity drinks with umbrellas in them!"

a fruity Bender, perhaps?

Adam said...

And give me a shot gun to shoot the cabana boys...

PSUMommy said...

Oh that is so darn cute! My son does the same thing...we have a book called 'Kittens' (guess what it's about?) and on the last page, it says "Time for bed...good night!" and Every Single Time, he waves to the book and says 'ni ni!' I love this stage...

Christi said...

Honey, the cabana boys will get me all drunk and then you get to go "home" with me . . . what's wrong with that?!

Ahhh benders. Those were the days.