Wednesday, August 17, 2005

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N . . .

in the summer time! I have to say, I think things are FINALLY coming together for our trip to Colorado next week. Nothing is really going as planned, but I think I've figured out how to fit everyone and everything thing into the 5 days we'll have out there. I need to give Lindz a call and see when she wants to meet up with us. I'm really starting to get excited ~ not so much about seeing my family (well, maybe my brother), but we'll get to see 3 of my closest friends from college. I'm especially excited about hanging out with Chris and Jen again, its been too long since we've hung out with them. 10 months almost exactly. Damn them for moving 8 hours away!

I'm looking forward to sharing some of my favorite places as a child with Adam. I have a lot of fond memories of staying with my mom's cousin and her family as a child (can I say me, Linda, mac & cheese, and a fork in the waterbed?! - that would be so much more funny if Linda read my blog!). Anyway, from the base of their driveway you can see one of my favorite views in the world and their backyard hosts the entrance to one of my favorite parks in the world. I spent tons of time biking and walking through the park, feeding the ducks, playing on the playground, and Melinda and I fully embarrassed ourselves attempting to playing tennis on the courts last time I was out there.

No comments: