Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday Ramblings

I've got so much junk flowing through my head lately. It makes me feel overwhelmed and like I can never quite catch up. I get close . . . but not quite there. The good news is that a few months ago this would have totally made me fall apart, but after my "talk therapy" sessions I've learned to sort through things more logically and realistically in order to keep control. So this is my way of sorting thing out . . . writing about them.

I've kind of fallen into starting a new business. A customized scrapbooking/memory book business. I love scrapbooking, so its a dream job, and I was so excited about my first few books, but now I'm starting to have second thoughts. Everyone I've shown my samples to has "ooohhh"ed and "ahhhh"ed over them, but they are all friends and family that love me and would never tell me something I created sucked, even if it really did. I've started doubting that people will really want to buy or be happy with my books. I'm afraid they look too home made. Of course they are home made, but I want them to look classy and worth the money. And then I also worry about Adam and I trying to work on upkeep on a website together. He and I don't seem to mesh well when it comes to computer related things. I wonder if all people that start a "work at home" business feel dumb about their product from time to time.

And as always moving is on my mind. Friday we had dinner with Angie, Eric, and Chad. Then the boys edited and the girls watched "Not Another Teen Movie". I went shopping with Julia Saturday afternoon (BTW I would HIGHLY recommend staying as far away from Mall of the Bluffs on tax free shopping weekend . . . it just not worth it!), Saturday night we went out to dinner with Amber and Randy, then Christy came over and chilled with the 4 of us for a couple hours. Yesterday I went to church with the Dwights. My mom got back Saturday and I'm so excited to see her because I haven't seen her in almost 3 weeks. I'm really starting to have a hard time imaging life without my parents an hour away. Without these great friends that we can hang out with all the time. I'm sure we would make new friends, but it wouldn't be the same. And maybe we wouldn't make new friends. Its a matter of "safety", I guess. Staying here is safe and comfortable and would be fine. But it just seems like there's maybe something better out there. But maybe there's not anything better. Maybe this is as good as it gets (and that's nothing to sneeze at). Plus I keep thinking that if we stay here we could probably afford a bigger/nicer house, more "fun" stuff, etc. Is it worth risking all of that for what could be?

1 comment:

Adam said...

The upkeep shouldn't be that hard. I do very, very little on LeftStanding.net and RoomMateProductions.com. It's the setup that will take awhile.