Thursday, January 25, 2007

She's part monkey, you know

Someone made the comment to me this week that basically the only differences between having boys and girls is that boys make more of a mess when they pee and that boys are climbers. If this boy is going to climb more than his big sister, I am in sooooooo much trouble.

A couple weeks ago I went downstairs to find Alyssa had pushed a kitchen chair up to the counter, climbed on the counter, opened the pantry door, and pulled a box of raisins from the 2nd from the top shelf. She was proudly standing in the middle of the counter eating her raisins when I found her.

Last week I heard the sounds of a kitchen chair being pushed across the floor while I was upstairs, so I went down to investigate and found Alyssa sitting on the kitchen counter. (To her credit she was wiping down the counter with soap and water, so maybe I should have left her) I told her that she needed to be more sneaky about her climbing because I could hear her moving her chair. Later that day I found her up on the counter again and then only way I could figure out that she got up there was by pushing her high chair up to the back of the kitchen island, climbing up and over the elevated part of the kitchen counter, and then onto the regular counter.

Earlier this week I watched her push Lexi's tub of food to the front of the dryer and then use it to boost herself up onto the top of the dryer in the laundry room. Evidently the spray 'n wash made her do it.

Today I found her sitting IN Adam's sink in the bathroom. Brushing her teeth with his toothbrush (you don't mind sharing with her, right, hon?) just as happy as a clam. She has been climbing up onto the side of the tub and getting into things on his counter for several weeks now, but this is the first time she went all the way that I know of.

And boys are the climbers, huh?

PS I really don't leave her unsupervised *that* often. I swear I'm a good mommy!

2 comments:

Adam said...

All reasons a camera should be on you at all times! :)

PSUMommy said...

Ha! Nope, it's an age thing. I don't understand why people attribute climbing/playing in the dirt/being messy etc to 'being a boy'...even from people who have girls!

You definitely have a smart child on your hands there! I found my daughter in our sink giving herself a 'bath' with our handsoap once. I have pictures. *grin*