Sunday, January 07, 2007

And let the craziness commence!

Less than 50 days until d-day and we're starting to actually do some "baby stuff" around the house. Yesterday we exchanged Alyssa's twin sized sheets that we bought her for Christmas for a set of full sized sheets and a comforter. Originally we were planning on buying her a twin matress, but once I started pricing them, I decided that I should just suck it up and let her have the full sized matress that we currently have in the guest room/nursery since that was just going to end up in the basement anyway. Its a little overwhelming and makes me kind of sad to think about my baby girl sleeping in a big full sized bed all by herself, but I'm sure she'll think she's the coolest thing since sliced bread. Today we bought an armoire from Target for Alyssa's room (seems like an awful lot of this "baby prep" means buying Alyssa new stuff ~ lol), which Adam is currently attempting to put together in our room while Alyssa naps. I'm getting ready to "de-book" the mega-huge bookshelf that will move from the guest room/library/nursery into the office. We also stopped and picked up paint samples for the nursery today. While out and about today we also did a Target baby registry (we did a Babies R Us one a couple months ago), so I think we're getting fairly well organized and prepared. If all goes as planned we may set up the big girl bed in Alyssa's room and give it a shot tonight. She's absolutely in love with her new comforter, so I'm kind of excited to see what she thinks about having her own "real" bed in room. And scared. :) Hopefully by the end of next weekend I'll have some final project pictures to show!

No comments: