Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mommy's Day Out

My parents came today to hang out with Alyssa while I got to play "hooky" from the SAHM gig. I took Joey to the groomer (Adam had been complaining about how she needed a haircut for a good month now and last night Alyssa was chasing her around with a pair of scissors and trying to trim her butt hair, so I guess it was time. lol), hit BabiesRUs for some nursery stuff for Bun, hit Lowe's for paint for the nursery, and then picked up Arby's for lunch (on my parents).

Had lunch with my parents and Alyssa, put Alyssa down for a nap, and then headed out to cash in my gift certificate for an hour massage that Adam got me for Christmas. Heavenly! Although I would have been *almost* just as happy to just lay alone in a darkened room with soft music playing for an hour with no interruptions. They have a special pregnancy bed with a hole cut out for your stomach (and ones for your boobs, too) so that you can lay flat on your stomach comfortably . . . that was the awesome-est . . . I miss being able to lay on my stomach! I was very amused by how nervous I made my massage therapist; she seemed convinced that I was going to go into labor right there on the table.

On the way home I stopped by Starbucks to try out the BIO-aclaimed Cinnamon Dolce Latte (yummmm, btw) and then picked up a very fluffy, good smelling, and very spiffy looking Joey. I think I needed a day to myself more than I realized. I feel like I'm ready to be a good mommy (and a good wife) again; I think I've been slacking lately.

No comments: