Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year! (a little early)

Just wanted to wish a safe and happy New Year to all of you out there! May 2007 bring you health, happiness, and a many wonderful memories and experiences!!! I cannot wait to see where 2007 takes our family.

I've been giving a lot of thought to a New Years resolution this year. I usually make them, but rarely actually keep them. There's something kind of fun about started a new year with a new outlook, new goals, and new possibilities. Normally people resolve to better themselves in some way, but this year, I'm resolving to "unbetter" myself. I'm giving myself permission to "fail" sometimes. To take the unreasonable expectations I put on myself and tell them to shove it from time to time. I'm going to really try to not be so focused on being the perfect mom and wife. I will let things slide from time to time so that I can take the time to focus on the little things; the day to day things, the ordinary things that seem silly and trivial, but end up meaning the most. I think this might be the one resolution that I really can keep, but it might also be the hardest one I've ever made.

No comments: