Saturday, December 02, 2006

Oh POOP!!!!

My child is obsessed with poop. I don't know where she gets it. The most funny thing about it is that when she sees/thinks about it she'll say in this completely horrified little toddler voice "ohhhh poop!"

The other night I was reading her her touch and feel Farm Animals book. When I turned the page to the sheep, immediately I heard "ohhhhh poop!" I couldn't figure out what she was talking about until I noticed that, yes, my brilliant child, I guess that log does kind of look like poop. So over and over again we had this discussion:

Alyssa: "Ohhhhhh poop!"
Me: "No, that's a log"
Alyssa: "log"
Me: "that's right"
*few seconds pass*
Alyssa: "Ohhhhhhh poop, mommy!"

But today's "poop" may have taken the cake ~ we need to add this to our "list of things we never thought we would say to our children" that Adam blogged about.

Sitting down to have supper, I actually found myself saying, "No Sweetie, that isn't poop, its sausage". Of course, a few minutes later I asked her if she wanted a bite of poop while offering her the sausage link . . . I like to keep my girl on her toes.

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

LOL!!!

My oldest was obsessed with poop forever...my son is just now entering that stage. His 'code word' for it is 'OH MY!!!!'

Gotta love kids!