Saturday, December 16, 2006

"Goodnight Moon" . . . its all about the MOUSE?!

"Goodnight Moon" has found itself into our regular rotation of bedtime books. Before I had kids it was one of my favorite children's books and I think it was probably one of the first books that I bought for Alyssa, so I'm glad that its turning into a favorite of hers, too. But the kid is OBSESSED with the "little mouse" in the book. She has to find the mouse (or a pile of yarn that *looks* like a mouse) on each page and if she can't find it she gets really stressed. Its not a calming book at all for her because she's either super excited that she found the mouse (kind of her own toddler version of "Where's Waldo") or anxious/upset if there isn't a mouse on the page. Maybe that explains why she hasn't been going to sleep right away the past week or so. Maybe "Goodnight Moon" needs to be moved down to the toy room with the "hyper" books.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I don't know. She doesn't seem anxious when I'm reading it to her.

catankgirl said...

Amazingly enough, I've never read that book. I do like Sandra Boyton's Going To Bed Book for nighttime. I don't think I've found ANYTHING that relaxes Noah at nighttime though. Well, except the "na nas." Sigh.

Christi said...

Jessica ~ We have the Going To Bed Book tucked away in the closet for a future present; I may have to pull that out before Christmas (like the kid needs any more Christmas gifts!) lol to Noah and his "na nas". :)

Hon ~ I don't know, I guess I take her screaming "MOUSE!!!!!!!!" in my face as a sign of anxiety. Maybe I'm over reacting. ;)