Monday, December 04, 2006

I think I can . . . I think I can . . . maybe . . . maybe . . . not . . . ugh.

My mom is coming tomorrow and bring with her her friend Mary and my dad's cousin Shirley who is visiting from Oregon for a week. This will be the first time that Mom and Mary have seen the new house all decked out for Christmas the first time Shirley has seen it at all, so I am DETERMINED to have it sparkling. I made out my anal retentive list this morning (divided up according to rooms and chores per room . . . very organized) and I was off. Alyssa was such a great helper/stay out of the way-er and I felt like I got a lot accomplished this morning. I fed her lunch, got her down for a nap, made myself lunch and now I've lost my drive. I feel like the "Little Engine that Could" as he's approaching the top of the mountain. Chugging along very, very, very slowly, straining to get up the motivation to go keep cleaning.

Truth be told for the most part, the house is presentable. There are still a lot of boxes around of decorations that need to be moved back to the basement, but that will probably be Adam's job once he gets home anyway. No one is REALLY going to notice whether my kitchen floor is mopped or not, but I feel like its been so long since several of the "less noticable" places in my house have been cleaned. I swear that Alyssa's bathroom floor got mopped today for the first time since we moved in 7 months ago (usually I just figure that wiping up tons of bathwater that gets tossed over the side is just as good as mopping ~ I would make Martha proud, huh?).

Okay, I'm going to go at least get our bedroom/bathroom/closet "good" cleaned. And then I'll say "forget you" to the rest of my list or maybe I'll have my drive back. I should be on the downward slope of my cleaning list by then.

What a lame blog entry! lol

No comments: