Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Oh, those crazy K boys!

A post dedicated to the antics of some of my favorite men . . . my husband and brother-in-laws to be exact.

#1 thing that you do NOT do to your pregnant wife:
Decide that while you're on the roof hanging Christmas lights you'll toss your coat onto the ground in front of her without warning her. She'll think that she just watched her husband fall to an untimely death/paralysis, which is never a good thing.

#1 thing that you do NOT call and tell your pregnant sister-in-law:

Me: Hello?
Chris: Christi?
Me: Yes . . .
Chris: Its Chris K---. I'm at the hospital. (imagine a completely deadpan/no emotional voice)
*long pause*
Me: What's wrong?
Chris: (quite amused) Nothing! I work here!

Little does he know that I seriously had tears in my eyes at the end of that part of our conversation. Although I was a little confused since the caller ID said Children's hospital and I knew that Alyssa was in her room sleeping, so I couldn't figure out what other kid in our life could be in the hospital.

And speaking of my brother in laws calling ~ the always give their first AND last name when identifying themselves, which I think is kind of weird. We've been related for 4 years; I think we could be on a first name basis by now.

3 comments:

Adam said...

OMG! I laughed so hard after throwing my coat off the roof! If I were drinking milk, it would've come out my nose!

PSUMommy said...

Oh, that is just EVIL!!! They know you're pregnant, right?

And you totally realize you have to get back at them, right? ;)

4x4paws said...

Oh, that's so wrong! I'll help you plan something to get them back. Just email me.