Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Alyssa-isms

A couple cute things that she's said lately that I don't want to forget ~ probably should go in her baby book . . . maybe I'll dig that thing out again . . . some day. ;)

She's learned to identify "Snoopy" from watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" over and over again the past couple months. But for some reason now whenever she sees a snowman she'll call it snoopy, too. I thought maybe because it was white with black eyes/buttons, but even pink ones that are on my flannel pjs.

When she wants her blanket she'll ask for her "beer". I don't know where she got that from, but I think its hysterical, so I hate to correct her. Although I suppose its not the most politically correct thing for a 2 year old to be screaming for "beer" when she's upset. Probably makes me look like a bad mom. But its sooo darn cute! Blankie just doesn't have the same cuteness.

And I hate to talk about this one, but it has a pretty funny ending.
A few weeks ago I was sucking boogers out of Alyssa's nose. I went to squeeze the "sucker" to try to clear it out and I heard a booger go shooting out, but couldn't find it around the changing table anywhere, so just kind of forgot about it. A few days later I was changing Alyssa and she kept saying "Oh booger!" over and over again. I thought she was talking about her nose, but then looked to where she was looking and saw a big 'ol dried booger on the wall about her. Once I finally got dried booger off the wall it actually chipped away a little bit of the paint, so now there's a tiny little brown dot where the booger used to be. She still says "Oh booger!" and points to the wall whenever I change her because she's convince there's still a booger up there.

Boogers and poop ~ two of her favorite topics!

1 comment:

4x4paws said...

OK, that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time! Beer and boogers!