Saturday, April 01, 2006

Have I mentioned that I really hate insomnia?

I loved it in college . . . it was the best time to get my laundry done! But now that I'm a "grown up" its just kind of a pain in the arse. I've been up for about an hour and a half now. I think I woke up because Alyssa was coughing and/or playing with her crib aquarium, so I waited to see if she would start crying (and started panicking about how I go about putting her back to sleep in the middle of the night if she wakes up and wants to nurse), but she didn't make a peep. Kind of surprises me since I had to wake her up this afternoon from a 4 1/2 hour nap. I wonder how long she would have slept if I would have let her. It was such a blessing since I got so many things done for Angie's shower while she was sleeping. I really don't know how I would have finished everything up if I hadn't had those 4 + hours (with the breaks every 30 minutes to go make sure my kid was okay). I'm so excited about Angie's baby shower! Maybe that's why I can't sleep. Or maybe my brain thinks that I still need time to get ready, but I think I have everything ready. Just need to throw everything all together in some sort of box/bag to take to Panera. Thank GOODNESS we're not having the shower at my house . . . I'll never do that again after Christy's baby shower. Its too much to worry about keeping a house clean ~ especially with a toddler and husband underfoot! ;)

Speaking of Christy ~ she and I are hitting the big Carters sale at the outlet mall after the baby shower today. I hope I can score some great deals on pjs for Alyssa. (And I hope I can avoid going too crazy over all the cute and cuddly Carter stuff). I can't wait to hang out with her and catch up on how being back to school after having Charlie and all the new house stuff is going!

After going out for dinner with the Dwights last night we stopped at Target so that I could pick up a few fun things to send out to Boston for Jack while he is in the hospital/having treatments. I had such a hard time picking out things for a) a boy and b) a boy that I haven't seen since he was 8 months old (he's now almost 5). I settled for a Thomas the Tank Engine/Train (or whatever) activity book, colored pencils, a 24 piece Seasame Street puzzle and a matchbox car brand airplane (bought one of those for little bro Leo so that he wouldn't feel left out, too) Now I need to figure out how to wrap it so that its not too much of a pain for Aunt Elaine to take with her when she flys back out next week.

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I had a hard night sleeping last night too - actually for the last few nights. My son's only 4 and a half months old, but he's fantastic, and I can't wait until he's your daughter's age so he can break my heart everyday and leave me exhausted running after him :)