Thursday, March 30, 2006

My big girl

I am totally, utterly, completely in love with this age . . . Alyssa is so stinkin' funny and so adorable! As much as she tires me out with all her energy, I think I would take this age over a newborn in a heartbeat. Last night I decided the time had come to wean her; not really sure what came over me, I just felt like the time was right. It was easier on both of us than I expected, but it was awfully hard to have her tug at the bottom of my shirt and tell her "no you don't need the boobie tonight", which resulted into her bursting into tears. I felt like she felt like she had done something wrong, so I sat in the rocker with tears running down my cheeks as I told her what a big girl she was, how she was my big, brave, good girl, and how her mama loved her soooo very much. But she slept through the night and tonight went down with less tears than last night, so I think we're making progress.

She found a new way to break my heart today when it comes to "sleep time" . . . when you put her down in her crib she now waves "bye-bye" to you. Oh, can you feel the torture?! I just want to pick her up and cuddle her and kiss her extra lots for being sooo darn cute!

1 comment:

4x4paws said...

I teared up when I read your latest entry.