Tuesday, April 04, 2006

They're out to get me (or my money)

Would you believe . . . at 1:42 PM Central time today I received a call from the state troopers association asking for a donation. Of course they plugged their "we give teddy bears to all frightened children in car accidents" and "this money will go towards our wishing well program for terminally ill" children card. They don't even have to ask; I'll just hand over a check when they say that.

Then at 1:50 PM Central time TODAY I got a call from the stinkin' sheriff's society asking for money. Usually I can say no to them, but this time they started plugging their "we help children from being abducted" and "we fingerprint children at country fairs to help them stay safe" program, so they had me, too!

8 minutes and 50 dollars . . . BAM! Gone!

I swear, as soon as the state troopers found out I was a pushover for the kids' programs, they got on the horn to all the other groups and said "Hey, just mention the words 'ill' 'scared' or 'children' and this lady'll give to you in a heartbeat".

They are really great programs, but honestly, getting hit up twice in less than 10 minutes? Couldn't they each have a different month or something to spread these things out? Don't they know that my husband works darn hard so that I can work hard spending his money?! ;)

1 comment:

allison said...

I always tell them I'm a public school teacher -- I do enough.

LOL