Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My oh my ~ 18 months have flown by!

Happy 1.5 Alyssa!

I can't believe how absolutely head over heels in love I am with you. I love (pretty much) every minute of every day. I can't imagine not being able to be around you from the moment that you wake up in the morning to the moment that you go to sleep at night. This is such a fun age where you actually understand why I'm saying and are pretty good at getting your point across to me.

You aren't talking a whole lot yet, but by far the cutest thing you'll say is "way Jo?" (translated to "Where's Joey?") Then you'll put your arms up in the air like you have no idea where she is. You'll say it as the weirdest times ~ like today at the pediatrician's office. You absolutely adore Joey (and Lexi when the BIG dope isn't knocking into you). You think its the neatest thing in the world to have a 3 way tug of war with your puppies. Other words that you say are: mama, no-no (often said to Lexi when she has a toy of yours that you know she isn't supposed to say ~ sometimes we think you think Lexi's name IS no-no), hi, bye, dada (once in awhile you let it accidently slip out ~ I think you're holding out to see if Daddy will bribe you with something good before saying it consistently), yes, jo/jo-jo. I think I've heard cheerios, a form of binky, and out slip out of your mouth, too.

Speaking of out, you love, love, love, love spending time outside. You would play in the yard all day long if I let you. You get so upset when we bring you inside and you'll stand at the back door crying and throwing a fit.

You and Daddy were playing with your Little People farm a few weeks ago and he taught you how to make hammer gestures when the farm would make hammering noises. You think its the funniest thing in the world to do "play along". Inspired us to buy you a tool bench of your own, but you're not too sure about that yet. You love playing with your Cabbage Patch doll, Hannah, and with your Laugh and Learn house, still. You are a fearless little monkey that will attempt to climb anything and everything that doesn't move (and some things that do when you need a boost from mommy, daddy, or Lexi). Still love playing with cell phones and lately you've found the wonderful toy that is mommies makeup. Lipstick is your favorite (probably because it does such a great job staining the carpet!) Definately have a girly-girl on my hands!

You are one of the sweetest and most loving little girls I have ever been around. You give great hugs, we're working on giving kisses (usually you'll just lean your head into someone's lips), and you're a great cuddle partner. You and I go to Jazzercise several mornings a week and you've worked your magic on several little boys there. We're going to be in trouble once you get older!

Its been a fantastic 18 months, my sweet baby girl, and I look forward to all the days ahead.

Love always and forever,
Mommy

No comments: