Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Holiday Goals

I've been inspired/motivated/challenged by the fantastic job that the adult Dwights are doing losing weight lately, so I decided to sit down and put some goals into writing. I've found that small goals are the easiest for me to achieve. When I think "hey I want to lose this much total weight", that seems really overwhelming, but if I break it down into 5 - 10 lb increments, its easier to swallow. Today I figured out that I want to lose about 30% of my total current weight, so I broke my goals down into 5% mini-goals and assigned a holiday to each of them. Here's my schedule.

5% - September 1st (Labor Day)
10% - October 12th (Columbus Day ~ actually Alyssa's birthday was my original goal, but then I realized that I could keep with the national holiday theme because she shares her b-day with Columbus day! Convenient, eh?)
15% - November 27th (Thanksgiving ~ although I'm hoping that I hit this goal closer to Halloween for my trip to Raleigh, but I'm trying to make these pretty "easy" goals ... the weight didn't come on overnight, so its not going to come off overnight, either)
20% - January 1st (New Years Day)
25% - February 14th (Valentine's Day)
30% - May 5th (Cinco de Mayo ~ closest holiday that I could think of to my birthday)

No comments: