Monday, November 27, 2006

What a great start to the week!

Normally when I'm woken up by an early morning phone call it makes me crabby, but this morning's phone call was a welcome one! It came from my very good friend Christy's mom announcing that Christy was at the hospital in labor. I had the supreme honor of being in the delivery room as her family welcomed their 3rd baby boy, Samuel John, at 11:24 this morning. The "little" guy came into the world at 9 lbs 13 oz and 21 1/2 inches long ~ After spending a few hours with him, I predict he's going to be the mellow one in the family.


Welcome to the world, Sam,
and huge congrats to Jeff and Christy and
big brothers Evan and Charlie!!!

And a special shout out to my wonderful husband who stayed home from work today to watch Alyssa(I don't think he really was TOO upset at staying home, though). And bonus points to him for doing lots 'o dishes while I was gone!!!

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Congratulations to your good friend! And welcome to the world, Sam!

How great that you got to see him be born...I'd love to witness a birth!