Saturday, November 11, 2006

Christmas is coming 'round the corner!?

I feel like I'm behind on my Christmas shopping.

Its November 11th.

This is so wrong.

I blame stores/merchants/malls for putting out decorations and advertisements 3 months before Christmas since my body/psyche is still used to the holiday season being approximately a month long. Adam blames me because I bought a decorative sled in October. But it was only $5 and I wanted to get one before they ran out or only had crappy, scuffed up ones left!!!

Regardless I'm starting to feel panicked about getting my shopping done. And then I start panicking and thinking I'll have everything bought by December 1st and I won't get to enjoy any TRUE holiday shopping. I actually love shopping during December. Not with a kid on the weekends, mind you ~ I either have to go during the week with child (good time to get the Santa photo opportunity in) or on the weekend sans child, but I love the crowds and the bustle and the lights and the decorations and the chill in the air. I love the holiday season!

2 comments:

Mom23Boys said...

Don't say that!!! I just had a heart attack. I cannot think about Christmas being around the corner when I am chained to the couch. Perhaps the computer will have to provide my holiday shopping experience this year! Thank God Santa (aka...ME!) has gone high tech.

PSUMommy said...

I refuse to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving...