Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The things we pass on to our children . . .

I think Alyssa is on the road to inheriting my eating disorder. She's going through a phase where she thinks its REALLY funny to gag herself. Most of the time she'll just stick her fingers in her mouth and make the "blech" noise because she gets an immediate reaction from me, but occasionally she goes too far and actually gags herself. Usually she only does it when she's in her high chair, but last night she started doing it while Adam was holding her. I just put her down for a nap about 10 minutes ago and I keep hearing "blech!" "blech!" "blech!" coming from her crib. Makes me want to throw up just thinking about her gagging herself, but it is somewhat funny since she's not ACTUALLY getting sick. Just making the motion and the noise.

1 comment:

Angela James said...

Brianna has done this for months- I think it's not abnormal for babies to do it as I made a post once and people said they had babies or past children in babyhood do it!