Sunday, December 04, 2005

Mommyhood 101: I never thought I would miss . . .

marathon breastfeeding sessions! Tonight I was sitting on the couch in the living room with the only light being the lights on the Christmas tree. I love sitting the dark with just the tree on; it makes any room seem a little bit magical. But tonight, I started tearing up because I thought of last year at this time. I thought of the hour to hour and a half that I would sit curled up on the couch, watching "Full House" reruns on Nick at Night by the light of Christmas tree, feeding my sweet little baby girl when everyone else slept on. Or the nights when she wouldn't sleep on her own and we would curl up on the couch with the tree lights on in the background and sleep together. I would fall asleep with my cheek against that fuzzy little head and the soft glow of twinkling lights sprinkling over us. God, I miss that.

2 comments:

Angela Dwight said...

You need to have another one... then you can experience it all over again!!

safi said...

Oh what a beautiful moment to miss.