Most significant days in my life:
May 3rd, 2002 ~ My Grandpa Nelsen passed away
December 28th, 2002 ~ I married Adam
February 15th, 2003 ~ Julia asked me to be her Matron of Honor (I was hoping that I might get to be part of the wedding party, but was trying not to get my hopes up )
March 22, 2004 ~ I saw Bare Naked Ladies live with Julia; hopefully the first of many times!
October 12th, 2004 ~ My destiny arrived at 4:52 PM and we named her Alyssa Marie
When I was in college I was in a sorority, which many of you know . . . but many of you don’t know that my Sophomore year I was VP of that sorority and Junior year I was President. I hated that group and drove it into the ground, killed it good, then ran away. Mwahahahahaha. I really didn’t mean to kill it off, it just happened that it was really hurting when I became president and I didn’t have what it took to “save” it.
My first car was a 1980 Buick Century that belonged to my Grandma Carlson. We called it my 4 door French Fry because it was a lovely golden yellow/mustard color. I hated that car ~ it would just randomly stop running whenever it got tired, so I was scared to death of it. My next car was a 1990 Dodge Aries K car. Most memorable thing about that car was the “strawberry air-conditioner” that Sarah O was in love with. I traded that car in for a 1998 Pontiac Grand Am my sophomore year of college. Ahhh, Muffy, you were a good car and I miss you! In May of this year I became the proud co-owner of, Gwen, a 2005 Ford Escape that is my first “brand new” car.
Continents I would like to visit in order of preference:
2. Europe (okay, I’ve already been there, but I would love to go to Rome, Paris, and London)
3. Antarctica (as long as I could be warm and have a good tour guide!)
6. South America
If I could be on any reality show it would be “The Biggest Loser”. If I were younger and thinner, I think it would be fun to be on “The Real World”.
5 Places in the US that I want to visit:
- Las Vegas
- Raleigh, NC
- Magic Mountain Vacation Resorts in TN
- New York City
- Mount Rushmore
My 4 Greatest Fears:
1. Free falling
2. Snakes/Spiders/Creepy Crawly things in general
3. Losing members of my immediate family
4. Never getting close to my goal weight
My favorite color is blue.
When I was little I wanted to be a babysitter, a taxi driver (where I got this from when I grew up in town without taxis I don’t know, but I remember telling my mom that’s what I wanted to be when I grew up), or a teacher.
3 Greatest Regrets in my life:
1. Not completing my education degree and switching to business instead.
2. The way I handled the Sarah/Adam situation.
3. Bailing on Jen and Jason’s wedding and letting Jen’s friendship drift away.
If someone were to ask me what the dumbest thing I’ve ever done in my life . . .
Driving to Colorado with a guy that I had only known 3 weeks (he was a friend, not as in a boyfriend type guy) and back in about 20 hours in college. We drove to Woodland Park after rehearsal one night, had breakfast with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece, and drove back in time for rehearsal that night. Should have been a 9-10 hour drive both ways.
I have “owned” 4 dogs in my life:
1. Buscuit . . . my first dog, he was a “Heinz 57” and just absolutely crazy
2. Freckles ~ my first Pomeranian. The love of my life for 10 years.
3. Lexi ~ really Adam’s golden retriever, but I claim her as mine . . . sometimes.
4. Jocelyn Pooh Bear aka Joey ~ my second Pomeranian. My little bundle of loves and fuzz therapy.
I have also been the proud mother to several fish and gerbils. I had a beta fish during college named Xavier that would rock out to the Beach Boys “Barbara Ann” whenever I played it.If/when I ever get a tattoo it would be on my lower back in the shape of a very small butterfly. The butterfly story is a story for another day.
I went skinny dipping in hot springs in Lake Tahoe a few years ago with Adam, Amber, and Randy and a few other strangers. I never thought I would be one to get nekkid in front of anyone but Adam, but it was one of the most fun and sensual experiences of my life. I would do it again in a heartbeat ~ and would encourage anyone else to try it!