Monday, December 19, 2005

I really feel like we're bonding

First we both painted our toenails. Now its 3:01 AM and we're both wide awake. So we shared some leftover cold pizza, some apple juice, and now I'm blogging and she's running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Are you scared now, Angie? ;)

I've been up since about 12:30 ~ just wasn't tired. Alyssa woke up a little before 1. I tried rocking her for a bit and putting her down several times, but she would play for about 10 minutes and then start crying/fussing again. And she's all stuffy and hoarse from her cold, so she sounds just miserable when she "tries" to cry, so I just can't let her go on very long. But then I started thinking, "here I am, awake and not tired and I'm playing on the computer and reading, why should she HAVE to go to sleep just because I say so if she's not tired?". So, thus we're both up and going. I would have a totally different opinion if I was tired and wanting to sleep and she was awake, though, I'm sure.

But I kind of hope she decides to crash soon. I'm still not tired, but the idea of my nice warm bed sounds awfully nice.

4 comments:

Angela Dwight said...

I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE I am not up with my child for a few hours in the middle of the night. Why didn't you tell me these horror stories BEFORE I got pregnant? :)

Christi said...

What's the fun in pre-warning you?! The good stuff TOTALLY outweighs the bad stuff!!! I promise!

Chad said...

lol - Eric will either be completely sound asleep or 'still' up watching movies from the night before.

Christi said...

It was kind of fun ~ since I was wide awake, too. It would have been AWFUL if I would have been wanting to be in bed.