Sunday, April 20, 2008

Movie weekend

We rarely watch new movies around here, usually its the same Disney and/or Dora movie for the 5 BILLIONTH time, but yesterday I stopped at Blockbuster to rent a couple movies with a gift card that Adam got for Christmas.

I rented "Juno" for Adam and I and "Enchanted" for Alyssa (okay, that one was for me, too, but I can get away with saying that I got it for her ~ ha!). Adam and I actually sat DOWNSTAIRS on the COUCH TOGETHER and watched A MOVIE all the way through without a kid interruption or one of us (me) falling asleep. The last time we did that we watched a movie that was so bad we wanted to shoot ourselves for giving up 70 minutes of our life ... I can't remember what it was; I think I've blocked it from my memory. Anyway, I highly recommend "Juno". I think its the first time ever that a film has gotten so much award "buzz" and recognition and I've actually liked it; usually I hate the film critics choices and love the ones that get horrible reviews. Although they did seriously screw up the pregnancy test scene, which bothered me as a person who has peed on several "sticks" in my day.

And "Enchanted" was a wonderful, wonderful movie. I think "Alyssa" definitely needs to add it to her DVD collection. ;) Another one that I would highly recommend for the entire family (because even Adam admitted that it wasn't too bad of a movie).

3 comments:

Adam said...

Was it Superbad?

Christi said...

No, we watched that one upstairs and I picked up the bedroom and folded laundry while watching, so that one doesn't count. And it wasn't completely superbad ... it had its moments.

I thought it was "Date Movie", but after reading the synopsis for that, that one didn't seem right either.

PSUMommy said...

Enchanted was indeed awesome, even if it was Disney. Congrats on getting to watch an entire movie!