Thursday, August 17, 2006

Recurring Nightmare

I think this is maybe the mommy equivalent to the "naked high school" dream . . .

Ever since Alyssa was born I've had this dream where I put her down for her nap, and then I just leave the house. I go to the grocery store, go to the mall, ect, but I leave her completely alone at home figuring that she'll nap, I can run errands without having to lug her along, and I'll be home before she wakes up. Sometimes I end up running late or losing track of time and then I start freaking out because Adam is going to be home before I am and I wonder how I'm going to explain that I left Alyssa completely by herself. Its sounds so silly, but I'll wake up absolutely horrified at the idea of Alyssa being alone and me leaving her.

2 comments:

4x4paws said...

I have this same dream all the time! It was especially bad when David was an infant. I would dream that 20 month old Jessie was babysitting him. Argh!

Christi said...

Great, I guess I should prepared myself for having that one, too, in a few months, huh?